“Arrogance can have no place in Christianity.”
“Our brokenness is more of an advocate for Christianity than the most eloquent of words.”
“Humility is hard: it’s like if you go for it, you won’t get it.”
(borrowed from Dan Scott's blog)
After the second quote, I almost feel silly writing now... :)
I struggle with deciphering between my pride and my confidence. I am very confident in who I am and who God has made me to be and I think that others may perceive that as arrogance but I don't intend it to be that way. I don't know how to portray confidence in a pure way-being above reproach. Is there such a way?
I wonder about my words and whether they come out as pious to those that don't know me well... or to my horror, to even those who do know me well.
There was a time in my life where I was overly confident to piousness, arrogance, pride, and worst of all I was oppressive to others in my opinions. So, because I have been there and was called out on it by more than one person (for which I am abundantly grateful for), I am very sensitive to never wanting to go down that road or another like it again. I'm not sure how I am being perceived in this, but I know how my heart has changed to more genuine and pure intentions.
How do I boast in Christ instead of attempting to steal His glory? How do I boast in only my weaknesses and not become an emotional martyr? Am I meek... truly teachable in all things?
Psalm 12
No comments:
Post a Comment