Monday, February 23, 2009

Mass Chaos

This has been an incredibly busy and bookend-to-bookend week/weekend-Sunday to Sunday. I wish that I had the energy to write a real blog, but this meaningless (not that my week or the things in it were, but the way in which it's just thrown on a blog) list of my week will need to suffice. I have been at church every day this week and have played my guitar every day this week (my fingertips hate me for it). I only had to work 2 days (thanks again to my friend Jes for getting me out of a tight spot in that regard). Here's the vomitus mass:
I helped with worship last Sunday in church in the worship center, Monday I worked on music with Kristen for the Women's Conference this past weekend. Tuesday I had work and then chapel music rehearsal, Wednesday K and I finalized the WC music then Small Group. Thursday I got the 24 hour flu (the works) and then WC music rehearsal with 6 beautiful and forgiving/gracious women. Friday I had a rehearsal with Betsy and Molly for the Friday night WC for college students and then proceded to worship with those women and listen to Jen Hatmaker. Adam and I couldn't sleep so we were up watching Lost until 3:30am-I still couldn't sleep so after reading I finally got to sleep between 4:30 and 5am. Saturday I was at church all day from 7:30am-2pm ish, I ran from there to Target to buy some kakhis and then off to work from 3-10:30pm, from there I stay with K and we were up until 1am talking. Sunday I was off to help with the 9:30am chapel service (rehearsal at 8am), Crossroads, Taco Bell, and HOME for a 3 hour nap, then to close the evening I helped babysit 2-3 year olds for moms and dads at Parkview for a couple hours. They were so sweet. :)
That was the surface level of all that happened... depth will need to come at another time. For now, good night and sleep well.

6 comments:

  1. Oh gosh. My heartrate just increased as I read this blog.
    Girl. You need a vacation...maybe to...AUSTIN!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hols. You definitely deserve to lay low and get some rest. Thanks for all the work you did. Let try to not schedule you for so much in one weekend next time. :) I guess it just happens some times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so aren't you the one wondering why you and everyone else is sick all the time? *grin* Sheeez . . . you make me tired just reading this!

    Well, all good stuff . . . but don't forget - satan will also try to get to us by consuming us with busyness and the allure of always doing something good for the Lord . . . when in reality we're often only appeasing our nature of "DOING DOING DOING/MORE MORE MORE IS BETTER!!!" . . . when sometimes it's not. Not saying your situation was one way or the other. I just know I have to have some kind of margin in my life - for rest and for when the unexpected comes up. (like stomach flu!) If you're constantly living without margin for the unanticipated in your own life - and the unanticipated in others - that's walking a dangerous course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just happened to be one of those weeks that everything happened all at once. Like Scott said: sometimes it just happens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ya - what I've noticed, for myself anyway in my past, is "that one of those weeks" turns into EVERY week in one way or another! :) If you're not careful. Just remember . . . margin. Great word. Goes good on toast too! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Word. Thankfully I went down that road a long time ago and I've become very good at saying no when I need to. If I worked there it would be different.

    ReplyDelete