Thursday, November 04, 2010

Strength and Happiness

Strength isn't what we think it is... Strength is not pushing people away so you don't hurt anyone or let yourself get hurt or by being "tough". Independence doesn't mean that you don't need people in your life. I believe that true happiness comes from being truly vulnerable and being loved all the same. I suppose it's rare to find such people with enough grace to love you just the same, but that's why Jesus is so important. He has so much grace that no matter what we do He'll keep loving us. When people here on Earth love, give grace, and acceptance with no strings attached, with unfaltering love, they are being like Jesus and thus bringing a piece of Heaven here to Earth.
With grace, you can't pick and choose who gets it, because then none of us would get it. We are all undeserving. Who are we to say that some people deserve our prayers and some don't? Because we all make mistakes in this world otherwise none of us would need prayers at all. This world is a broken place; let's not add to the brokenness.

Love. Really love. And look to Jesus for an example.

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”
Galatians 2:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment