Thursday, December 02, 2010

Nearsightedness can be good

I don't know if anyone even reads this/follows this, but I hope that there are a few that make it worth the late night babbling.

I've decided that I need to be more nearsighted. That is an ironic statement because I am very nearsighted as far as eyesight goes, but as far as life goals... I have none, really. I know that as often as I help others to become more moment-to-moment kind of people, I also know how much I need to be reminded of that too (OFTEN). I miss the precious times when I could be rolling on the floor with Logan because I'm checking Facebook or trying to look up a book on Amazon.com. Ugh. For shame.
I know that it comes to lack of interest, creativity, lots of exhaustion (about so many things right now), boredom, blahblahblah... It comes down to excuses. I've been better the past few days and I want to keep striving for that daily goal. So what if I'm tired, I'll be tired for the next ten years, so I need to get things together and start doing rather than complaining (mostly in my heart, but certainly not all).
I've decided to get over it. This is obviously a logical decision because my emotional decision would leave me still sitting on the couch. I'm also going to start exercising again because I know that my lack of energy has a lot to do with being so out of shape and not getting enough sleep (those two snowball each other).

Did you need this reminder? Do you need to be more nearsighted so life will be better in the long run?


1 comment:

  1. Kristen12:49 PM

    Thanks Hols! Good reminder. I can benefit from this too. I'm already doing a good job with nearsightedness physically as you know. :) Maybe I can start applying that to my life in general.

    ReplyDelete