(just some thoughts I wanted to get down)
Needless to say, I grew up a "tom-boy" and I didn't seem to care much whether that was weird or different. I've always been my-own-me and have never given much notice to what everyone else is doing. I wore painted pants and flannel through my sophomore, junior, and senior year of high school because art was way more important to me than what I looked like. It was way more convenient to wear cruddy clothes to school since most of my classes were art or theater which would require me to change clothes... and I was far to lazy to dress and re-dress. I don't wear painted pants anymore (sadly, mostly to do with me not being as active in art) but I hardly wear anything besides sweatpants and a T-shirt (I totally qualify for the show "What Not To Wear").
As a 25 year old woman, I am surprised to find myself craving to have a daughter. I have a dream of being able to have this great relationship with her and be able to talk about anything and everything. I'm surprised because while pregnant with Logan, I felt strongly that it was a boy and I told people that "God wouldn't give me a girl, I wouldn't know what to do with her!" Yet, I have this craving.
I am blessed to have some amazing women in my life that have teenage daughters and they have the most beautiful relationships with them and I can't help but desire that for myself. I have worked with Jr. High girls for quite a few years and I have loved our years together.
I have fear that if Adam and I try for another kiddo that we will have another high maintenance child and I just don't think we have the patience for another. However, I know that God would provide what is best for us regardless of what we think, but I'm also afraid that if we do have a more easy-going kid, that we would have some favoritism to this child. Normal yet pointless fears, but they do weigh heavily in our decision (of whether or not) to have another kid.
There's no rush of course, but still a big decision. :)
I think "Surprise" is a good title for this blog post. :) I was definitely surprised to read of your craving to have another child, let alone a daughter. Obviously there isn't any kind of decision made about this, but it's funny how we suddenly start yearning for something that wasn't ever even on our radar before. I think it's a valid desire though, and something to pray about. Not necessarily meaning that you are supposed to have another child, maybe God has other plans for this desire of yours...maybe mentoring or something. I'll be interested to see how this desire manifests itself... :)
ReplyDeleteI've mentored jr. high for quite awhile... so maybe I just miss it; I started doing jr. high leading when I was 19.
ReplyDeleteYup, it's a good craving to have I think!
ReplyDelete