I went to a dear friend of mine's wedding this weekend and these were the things I thought in reminiscing our friendship:
We grew up together in church until her family decided it was time to switch churches (we had a lot of problems in our old church). When she was a junior in high school, we re-met through our mutual friend Sadie, however, I didn't know that it was her. I went to church at Ada Bible as normal (I ended up switching churches too when I turned 17 or 18) with Sadie and saw that Abi went to Ada Bible too! I saw her parents and remembered them immediately and it dawned on me that Abi was Abigail that I used to chase around in the gym playing tag. It overwhelmed me with joy that I got to see my little friend again, but all grown up!
We were pretty instant friends. I, as usual, was a very intense friend who desired to get to know Abi as well as I possibly could-and I'm sure I almost scared her away. :) I have a tendency to be overly-passionate. She stuck with me and we became best friends... inseparable. We led a girls jr. high small group together for 2 years and stayed at each other's houses most nights. In college we took some classes together and grew close to each other's families... adopted/honorary children in each.
We took walks together.
Art together.
Sang songs together.
Served in ministry together.
Loved God together.
Did everything together...
Abi, I thank you for those few years where you were my best friend. Time, circumstances, and mistakes caused us to grow apart, but I will always remember those years as some of the best years (growing, loving, learning years) in my life. You are a truly beautiful woman and I wish the best for you and A.J. in your marriage. May God smile upon the things you do, the sweetness in your hearts, and the people you become. And thank you for the invitation to be part of the community that you consider to be closest to... it was an honor my friend.
1 Samuel 20:42
Wow, time flies!
ReplyDelete