Monday, December 29, 2008

Nothing at all...

So, this past week has been wonderfully empty. Not completely true in the fact that I worked some days (others I did/could not) and was also at the church doing music stuff Wednesday and Sunday. But otherwise, I have done practically nothing but eating, sleeping, and spending time with my boy. But mostly sleeping. :)
For whatever reason, I am currently watching CMT (country music channel) and my ears are starting to hurt... so, off it goes. I enjoy country music in the right context with the right band/vocalists... this particular show just isn't doing it for me.
Just finished reading Matilda. Loved it. I've never read it before. Roald Dahl is certainly one of my favorite children authors mainly for my favorite book The B.F.G. (Big Friendly Giant). I didn't picture Matilda to be what it was based on the few snips of movie clips I saw--the book was brilliant. Very sweet and honest.
I have now (finally) picked up The Be With Factor-mentoring students in everyday life by Bo Boshers & Judson Poling. So far I'm liking it. It's based on the verse Mark 3:14: "He appointed twelve—designating them apostles—that they might be with him and that he might send them out to preach". Sounds right up my alley. I believe that the best way to teach someone is to walk with them. And you'll likely find that they'll teach you too. Community is where it's at. REAL community. The kind where people know about the aches, pains, passions, loves, hates, dos, don'ts, ups, downs, and side to sides. What's the point of living in this world alone, never feeling understood or cared about? That's just lame... and plain laziness of those around us. There needs to be serious effort made here.

So, on this new step of faith-down this path and through this journey... I am hopeing to embrace the things that come.

May you be blessed this week. In this blessing, I pray that you see Jesus differently and meet with Him in a unique way.
Love.

Mark 3:14

3 comments:

  1. Bo Boshers and Judson Poling were both on staff when I was at Willow. Two very wild and crazy (and great) guys! Judson is one of the wittiest and funniest people on this planet. I'm sure that's a very good book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You read Matilda! Yay-ness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe you never read Matilda! So much better than the movie, naturally. Speaking of books, Shane Claiborne's is in the mail...almost. Okay, it's in an envelope with stamps on it. I will send it before I fly away on Tuesday, so it should get to your house soon!

    ReplyDelete