Monday, April 13, 2009

Kumquat

Based on my doctor visit today, we heard the heartbeat when we didn't expect to so the doc assessed that I'm at 10 weeks, not 8 weeks. I have an ultrasound next Monday to find out for sure.
Can I just say, hearing the heartbeat was the kewlest thing I've ever heard? Especially because we weren't expecting it. The doc said to not be worried about not hearing it... she almost didn't do the heart test. I'm glad she did.
We love the doctor (Adam came with... glad he did so he could hear the baby he fathered (that's what the RN called him)). She's funny and blunt. We get along great. :)

This is what we're looking at:


"Your baby, now barely the size of a kumquat, weighs less than a quarter of an ounce. (Length: a little over 1 inch, head to bottom.)"
http://www.babycenter.com/slideshow-baby-size

Psalm 139:13

5 comments:

  1. Congrats, Holly! I didn't know your awesome news till I read this :) I pray you have a wonderful and uneventful pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you girl. I'm praying for this little one. I love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:31 PM

    I remember YOU as a kumquat--and as a 8# 1 oz. newborn. So strange, so wonderful--my baby having a baby. Your life is going to change in ways you can't possibly know. The fierce love you will feel--if will grow more everyday--at times will consume your every thought. (esp. when there are problems your child faces.) The tears that will spring to your eyes at the things they will say that touch your heart. Your life and Adam's will never, ever be the same. Enjoy the pregnancy "ride"--your first is an experience you can pay attention to and savor--you'll be too busy with any other pregnancies to attend to yourself like you can now. Know I pray for you ever morning and every night. Sometimes, you even get an inbetweener prayer! Love you, Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So cute and small! I wish I could hear the heartbeat inside someone like you did. That must be so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies. :) Thanks mom.

    ReplyDelete