Thursday, May 21, 2009

Why don't I "feel" my faith?

"You can either define life by feeling and life itself or you can start defining life by first facing up to death. Not the death physically, but the death of your own self-centeredness.
Unless you're willing to be crucified with Him, you'll never understand what it is to live above emotions, however legitimate they may be. But the day will come where there is joy forevermore and the tear is wiped away. 'Til then, feelings much conform to reality always seeing through the eyes of our Lord as He was on the cross who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despised the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father.
Why don't you feel your faith? Ask yourself if you've been to Calvery and crucified yourself. That life then lives within you as God Himself reigns within your heart."

Ravi Zacarius


Baby update:

At 15 weeks. Baby is the size an apple, in length being 4 inches long. Baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb!
I'm still not feeling well and needing to endure the morning sickness, but I have my couple of good days every now and then. I've lost a lot of weight, so eating more and more often is a soon set goal. Thankfully, I trust that this child's life (as well as my own) is in God's hands and I know He knows best for what the baby needs... beyond a physician. I'll do my best to do what I can, beyond that, the trust lies where it should.

2 Samuel 7:28-29

2 comments:

  1. hope you feel better soon, Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you are still having morning sickness...I still laugh every time I see the words "morning" sickness...more like "whenever it wants to show up" sickness :)

    You have probably tried all the well known tricks by now, but I'll throw one out there for you just in case. Have you tried the sea bands on your wrists? They are the ones you get for motion sickness. They put slight pressure on your wrists. You can usually get them at any drug store. They look really dorky, but it is better than feeling pukey :)

    ReplyDelete