Thursday, August 12, 2010

French Press

This morning has been relaxing. I'm getting near the end of listening to HP and the DH but I already want to read it again even though I'm not finished with it. I've had two cups of coffee from my newly claimed French press and I've found that it keeps me more energized than the slow brew coffee. I also bought caramel macchiato from International Delight which makes for a splendid cup. Baby boy is trying to nap right now which is the perfect time to blog, write letters, clean, catch up on things.

It's been a hard few months with our financial situation; it's hard to tell if we should short-sale our house, foreclose, or stick with the Realtor. This month is the best opportunity to sell the house in Iowa City and we don't get an offer soon, I'm afraid that we will have to destroy our credit for a few years by dropping the Realtor and going with one of the other bad options. With me not being able to transfer my Best Buy job to MI and Adam making less than half of what he used to make... it's just not possible for us to afford the house that we're not even living in. It feels like such a huge waste of money owning it.
I'm very grateful for Adam's parents who have taken us in and I really love living here; I just don't like feeling like I'm in the way all the time and wishing that I could be helping more but I don't know where that line is. Two hens in one house has proven to be interesting; not bad, just hard to know when to help and when to back off. Also, we are both used to a bit more privacy, being able to have our homes to ourselves and not having to visit with family 24/7. I try to get out of the house from time to time to give them a break from us (and the kid), but it's hard doing that having only one vehicle. At least Adam's on first shift now... that helps. I miss having him here in the morning though, but it's great having him home by 3:30pm.

We are holding onto God and His blessings. We have to trust that He knows what He's doing, but the problem is that I don't really trust myself in knowing what I'm doing. I just have to pray that He'll lead and direct us and hope that my in-laws are blessed with everlasting patience. :) I love them deeply and hope that this living arrangement won't hinder our relationship.

"The wise man comes to God without saying a word and stands in awe of Him." Francis Chan, Crazy Love



No comments:

Post a Comment