Thursday, September 02, 2010

The somewhat, bottom of the barrel

I know that my circumstances aren't as bad as other people's and that considering it all, I have it really good, but things are pretty grim. Not being able to sell our house and not being able to pay this month's mortgage payment is the lowest we've ever been financially. We're a couple grand in the hole for credit cards and we still owe on our car. On top of all that, today we had a lot of our stuff stolen. I don't want to give specifics at this point, but the cops were called, so was our insurance company, and we've itemized multiple thousands stolen including many irreplaceable things.
Thankfully it's all just stuff and it doesn't really matter to us (to be honest), but it certainly leaves us feeling victimized and as though we don't have a whole lot. I really hope that the people who took our stuff needed it or the money for food or something. I pray that they will be able to make it better off now that they have it.

But now I can't sleep. I keep thinking about the items stolen and whether we forgot something on the list. I keep wondering if they are going to get more of our stuff and I also keep thinking... "What's next? Are we being tested? What other things are coming our way?" I'm not normally pessimistic, and I don't really feel like I am now, but a part of me keeps wondering if things are going to get worse.


Lord, you seem to think I can handle a lot... so if it's for Your glory, then let it be. I trust You.


1 comment:

  1. Kristen1:24 PM

    Hols! Thanks for being honest and sharing your thoughts. You are facing a lot, and I am grateful you have God in your life to help you through this. I am praying for you friend. Missing you more than you'll know. Koof

    ReplyDelete