Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Zephaniah

Zephaniah 3:11-12, 17-20

11 On that day you will not be put to shame
for all the wrongs you have done to me,
because I will remove from this city
those who rejoice in their pride.
Never again will you be haughty
on my holy hill.

12 But I will leave within you
the meek and humble,
who trust in the name of the LORD.

...

17 The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."

18 "The sorrows for the appointed feasts
I will remove from you;
they are a burden and a reproach to you.
c]" style="line-height: 0.5em; ">

19 At that time I will deal
with all who oppressed you;
I will rescue the lame
and gather those who have been scattered.
I will give them praise and honor
in every land where they were put to shame.

20 At that time I will gather you;
at that time I will bring you home.
I will give you honor and praise
among all the peoples of the earth
when I restore your fortunes
d]" style="line-height: 0.5em; ">
before your very eyes,"
says the LORD.

"Haughty on my holy hill... I will leave within you the meek and the humble... He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing... I will rescue the lame... I will give them praise and honor... I will bring you home... I restore your fortunes before your eyes."


We need to be taught the language of humility. There is a profound difference between humility and insecurity. To be purely humble and meek is not to be walked over by other people or being a push-over... that's not the idea. Meekness is a lot like submission, there are a lot of people that see it as weakness and passivity, where in reality it is strength. It's kinda like being the bigger person in a situation; you're the one that won't argue back or throw a punch but instead you walk away.

These verses and bits that I pulled from the verses bring me delight in seeing how much God cares and is so involved in our lives. He loves us so much... our cup really needs to overflow to others and share this love. We should have an excitement for it like we do for other things, like: finding a new favorite restaurant, or new electronic gadget.
Satan wins when we become complacent and we begin to compromise; we oughtn't let him consume us. We have God on our side!


No comments:

Post a Comment