Saturday, September 06, 2008

Apathy

1. Absence or suppression of passion, emotion, or excitement
2. Lack of interest in or concern for things that others find moving or exciting, especially regarding matters of general importance or appeal; indifference.
3. Lack of emotion or feeling; impassiveness.
4. Also, ap·a·thei·a, ap·a·thi·a: Stoicism- freedom from emotion of any kind.
-Dictionary.com

These definitions kinda surprise me. Especially using the part about "suppression of passion". I am an incredibly passionate person who struggles with apathy. I'm curious how that works. I'm also generally a very happy person-but I tend to still be apathetic. Again... how?
I'm pretty even keel as far as emotions go... I'm not much of a crier and when I do cry, I get it out and over with pretty quickly. I go months without shedding a tear. Then I get to points where I can't cry. I hate that. I feel so exhausted all the time and the need to cry but not having the ability to is equivalent to having insomnia. It hurts not to cry; as though I'm in pain. I'm there right now...
Ug. I don't know what brings me to this state, but it happens too often.
*sigh

2 Corinthians 6:3-10

No comments:

Post a Comment