Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bad day meets good day...

So, I had a terrible start to today...
Starting with a terrible night last night. For those that don't know, I'm sick. Sinus infection all week and not it's progressed to a cold. Coughing for me isn't a good thing, because, again, for those that don't know, I have a vocal chord disorder (VCD) that gets pissy with my when I'm stressing them out. Coughing + VCD = not breathing at times. I kept waking myself up coughing... meaning that my throat was closing while I was sleeping and I was coughing to get air. Oi. Stressful night.

So, thus I had a really off day today. Everything I said today seemed to be taken the wrong way or just plain came out of my mouth the way I didn't intend. So, when I got home from work around 5:30, I just wanted the day to end so I tried sleeping. Being that I was exhausted I thought that it would have been easy. Not so much. After 4 hours of struggling, coughing, having breathing issues, trying to keep myself propped up on pillows, I got a phone call and decided to call sleeping quits.

I talked to K for two hours or so and then my phone died (we would have probably talked for longer). It was good (as always) to talk and laugh and get some details ironed out.
I got online and talked to a friend who is currently struggling and had the opportunity to lift him to God by encouraging him to sing. How neat is that? God rocks my face off. I thought it weird that God was telling me to tell him to sing... but it makes perfect sense. When down... sing praises!
Then I got a chance to talk to an old friend of mine that has been in a rough patch this year with circumstances. She is keeping her head high and calling on God for aid which is a-mazing considering that her husband is in stage 4 of cancer and she has two little ones to wrangle. We haven't talked in awhile, so it was really, really good to hear how things are. We cleared up some past misconceptions, reminisced, laughed, talked about what God is doing in our lives... what a good end to today.


Deuteronomy 32:3&4

No comments:

Post a Comment