Today was a really good day. I greatly enjoyed working at Best Buy today and I'm looking forward to tomorrow's shift. I have a really good feeling about how the day is going to go.
We got a new supervisor in the Media Department possibly temporarily but possibly permanent. I get along great with Nick and I'm looking forward to working with him and seeing his leadership skill develop. I hope that things pan out for both Nick and Renee... I know that Renee (my previous Media Sup. who is temporarily trying a new HR position) really enjoys her current job and I desire her to love her work rather than dreading it. Things are looking up!
I'm still going to apply for a couple other jobs and see what (if anything) bites, but I just applied for a full-time position at BBY... so we'll see. I hate my up and down feelings for BBY-it's constantly inconsistent. :) One day I LOVE my job, the next I HATE it and want to quit. Never ending cycle. Bah.
Moving on. One day at a time...
Psalm 73:22-28
Re: "I hate my up and down feelings for BBY - it's constantly inconsistent . . . etc."
ReplyDeleteI think just about every job can be like that at various times. I think every job, including even the best ministry positions I've held, have been like that. You go through seasons/bad days/good days. I know retail is a little more "intense" like that as I think it probably fluctuates more. But you just learn to make the best of the good times and take the bad either with a grain of salt and shrug it off, or use it as a learning opportunity if there's one there to learn from. And if the bad days constantly seem to outweigh the good days, then you know it's probably time to look for another job. But in any case, you're perfectly normal!! I know few people that wouldn't say the same things about their jobs.
BTW - I'd maybe be careful with what you say in your blog about work - including mentioning specific names (even though you weren't negative on anyone.) As well as mentioning that you're looking for other work. (Unless BBY is aware of that?) There's plenty of stories of people who have lost jobs or had problems with co-workers because of what they post on public blogs, My Space, etc. I know it's a long shot for anyone to see it, but all it takes sometimes is one google search by an employer or co-worker curious to see what's on the web about you.
Also - what's happened to the jazz section at BBY? It's shrunk to almost nothing! Tell them to beef it up a bit! :-)
Dude you're doing great. Frankly, after your time at D&W I'm surprised you went back to retail at all! Whatever you do I believe you will excel at it because that's who I've come to know you to be. But even if you do excel at your job, if you hate it constantly/consistently then it's not worth it.
ReplyDeleteThere's my 2 cents. :)
Love.
Oh, all the manager's know how I feel about my job position and they are grieving with me. They want me to stay but they also would understand if I were to leave. Renee also is aware of my feelings about BBY and my desire for her to succeed in the HR position. I'm not a back stabber... :)
ReplyDeletecool. that's good. And I hope you didn't think that meant to imply you were a "back stabber" - didn't see that in what you were saying or mean to imply that. But just saying be careful. sounds like you're safe with there you're at with them!
ReplyDeleteIt's all good brother. :)
ReplyDelete