Today's devotional was on submission. I was talking with a friend today when I realized how far away from brokenness I am. I feel like I need to be broken, yet it seems so far off. My struggles with stubbornness and pride certainly don't help the matter. I desire meekness and gentleness, yet every time I open my mouth, words of putridness seem to exit. I wish to be a light to those I work with but I don't seem to be doing a very good job with being Christ's hands and feet. Some days are better than others, but mostly I come home feeling defeated, overwhelmed, exhausted... I have a great schedule, co-workers, boss(es), yet I feel like I'm making no impact. How can that be after 40 hours a week?
Where is my submission to God? I desire to choose His way over mine... I hope I do in the moment. Lord, Master, please hold my tongue if it's not words you desire me to speak! Help me to think of my words before they exit my lips. Help me to say and do what your Son would do! But mostly God... please forgive me. I desire change...
Colossians 3:23
You are walking in the muddied waters we all find ourselves stuck in.
ReplyDeleteI am confident that God is using you far more than you know. You take Jesus into work everyday with you, your light shines, intentionally as well as unintentionally. Rest in Him. Your heart is precious and God is growing you. That is such a good thing. To Him be glory. :)